flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > ternary systems?

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
edfed

hem.

temperature change will influence the accuracy as it influence accuracy of transistors used.

to know if convertion is made, we need to know the conversion time. i think that if one cell convert in 1ns, 32 cells will convert in 32ns, giving to the convertion a secure time of 50ns, then, 20MHz, a lot enough for me.

the power supply variations will not influence a lot the circuit, only the Ref fluctuations will strongly influence the conversion.

for the rest, i don't know, need test, but i don't have the equipment.

all in all, all these question exists for other ADC types, and a lot of people worked on it to correct eventual problems. current converters have 30 years of devlopment behind them.

Last edited by edfed on 21 Apr 2010, 13:44; edited 1 time in total
Post 21 Apr 2010, 13:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

32bit accuracy for analogue circuits is almost unreachable. You will need exceptionally precise gear to get that kind of result.

For a 10V input you can sense +-2nV. Question
Post 21 Apr 2010, 13:43
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

yes, 32 bits is a lot too much, but for a 16 or 24 bits precision, it is OK.

i think that if a serious development program is made on this idea, we will have a vey fast converter.
and more interresting, a simple to use cell, then, let the designer compose Nbits converters, as they need.
Post 21 Apr 2010, 13:47
revolution

I don't have any gear that could test down to even 16-bit accuracy. The best I could offer would be 12-bit (4096 counts) with my best meter.

Just the calibrations alone would be really hard. One setting for each bit and they all gotta be spot on else you just get garbage in the lower bits.

But what speed of conversion do you actually need? State your speed and bit requirements and I'll see if I can find a suitable circuit to suit what you want.
Post 21 Apr 2010, 13:56
edfed

i don't really need a converter, but, it was just an idea, because when i learned the ADC + DAC categories of electronics, i saw the circuits was all terribly slow. and then, i thinked about this idea imediately.

as a converter, i just need one integrated to a MCU, with 10 bits low resolution, pic ones are enough.
it will be to do some stuffs and others.

and later, for Audio DSP, i'll need a 16bits/44100Hz converter for each channel of a long date project.
Post 21 Apr 2010, 14:03
revolution

edfed wrote:
and later, for Audio DSP, i'll need a 16bits/44100Hz converter for each channel of a long date project.
Well I guess you already know there are plenty of off-the-shelf chips that can do CD-accuracy audio capture. If your source is coming from microphones then your job is even harder, those mics are expensive and tricky to set up properly. Unless, that is, you are not to bothered about actually achieving true 16-bit accurate samples, many people can't even tell the difference between 14-bit and 16-bit!
Post 21 Apr 2010, 14:13
baldr

revolution wrote:
Yep, but what happens if the gate goes positive wrt D & S? If you give it positive voltage, i.e. the negative voltage of what it normally wants, then things go all haywire.
As an example, Infineon BSS159N (pretty basic N-channel depletion mode MOSFET) allows Vgs to be in ±20 V range (with typical cutoff Vgs(th) of -2.8 V).

Gate wrt drain voltage? In most cases it is negative (I'm talking about N-channel common source/drain; input stage's gate can be driven higher that drain, but its output voltage is limited by Vdd — power supply voltage, thus unless you have different Vdd for different stages, Vgd < 0).
Post 22 Apr 2010, 08:08
revolution

I think those discrete FETs have some special manufacturing to eliminate the parasitic diode from gate to the substrate. Or something like that anyhow. I guess the normal CMOS chips may be able to fabricate a similar arrangement but at what cost? Does it affect the switching speeds or the achievable densities?
Post 22 Apr 2010, 08:40
baldr

revolution,

Do you mean parasitic capacitor? MOS FET gate is isolated from substrate (hence MOS), P-N gate junction is a JFET feature (and yes, it should be reverse-biased for transistor to function properly).
Post 22 Apr 2010, 09:31
revolution

Seems I got the diode connections wrong, I guess I meant the diode from D to S.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_MOSFET#Body_diode
Post 22 Apr 2010, 09:42
ProMiNick

What if realize in fasmg code for ternary systems (setun, setun70,TVM)?

How to encode ternary file in binary?:
ternary positive & negative trits can be represented in 2 bit chanels (like it done in music files).
ternary values can be represented wit 3 digits: ,0,1
nonary values can be represented wit 9 digits: ,,,,0,1,2,3,4 (,0,1,0,00,01,1,10,11)

tryte with value -8: -8=-9+1=(-1)*3^2+1*3^0=3x00000001=9x0001

db - error in ternary
dt - defines 1 tryte - inc $ by 1, defines 9(or 6 for older ternary pc) bit in positive chain, & same bit count in negative chain).
dw - defines 1 word - inc $ by 3(1 for older pc),defines 27(or 9,18 for older ternary pc) bit in positive chain, & same bit count in negative chain).
qw -error in ternary - no double relation in data, only triple.
dvw - defines vector of words - inc $ by 9...

how strings should be encoded - no idea (or emulating of db - in lo 8 trits of tryte only 0 or 1 values...)
9 trit tryte more than 8 bit byte in 76 times. - so tryte can fit more more than 256 chars - looks like no needance in unicode in ternary at all.

the question is register summary. opcodes & related to them mnemonics. accesibility to programmer of registers. what operands instruction allowed? etc.

and more ternary real & virtual all of them are little endian.

all what I find call instruction:
for setun call is X000XXXXX in ternary (word 9trit command)
there`re more 23 instructions.
for setun70 call is 0XXXXX_XXXXXX_XXXXXX in ternary (word=3 6trit trytes =18trit command)
there`re more 26+27+27 instructions.
for TVM call is 0XXXXXXXX_XXXXXXXXX_XXXXXXXXX (word=3 9trit trytes = 27trit command)
trere`re more up to 729 instructions possible and up to 6561 reserved for future use.

Post 18 Jun 2018, 11:23

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: