flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 158, 159, 160  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

Furs wrote:
You need to brighten up. You know stress can cause more harm to your body since you worry so much about this stuff.
Self fulfilling prophecy. If I worry excessively about dying prematurely then I will die prematurely from all the worry. Sad
Post 15 May 2018, 12:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
Furs wrote:
You need to brighten up. You know stress can cause more harm to your body since you worry so much about this stuff.

revolution wrote:
Self fulfilling prophecy. If I worry excessively about dying prematurely then I will die prematurely from all the worry. Sad

thanks,
like a wake up call,
change the lifestyle, eat better, exercise better, sleep better, rest better, and etc better,

if for one moment, we felt like next is last, maybe we will do a total rethink,

and i saw all kinds of illnesses, patients, doctors in hospital while waiting for my turn,

it supposes to be a medical science center,

sickness equal bugs, hospital should be debugging center, the most professional spot on earth,

tell me what is in mind when the next changes is last, nothing worth anymore,

i dont think i am stress, or what they called, depress,

because the truth is like, you gotta prepare your mind to handle this kinda situation, our own demise,

i actually read something yesterday, is about in the end, we are the one who actually judge ourselves,
Post 15 May 2018, 20:48
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
just received a call, my uncle was diagnosed with liver cancer,

the more i see through all these, the more i believe, 9 to 5 ~ simply not worth it,

is like in the end, our program couldn't solve our own bugs,
Post 16 May 2018, 12:22
sleepsleep

one thing i want to try before my time,

mushroom trip,

illegal in my country, i will need to travel other country that allow mushroom,

'Reluctant Psychonaut' Michael Pollan Embraces the 'New Science' of Psychedelics
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/05/15/611225541/reluctant-psychonaut-michael-pollan-embraces-the-new-science-of-psychedelics
Post 17 May 2018, 06:26
sleepsleep

will archive my words in fasm board to forever internet site,

watching japanese drama, crisis

http://asianwiki.com/Crisis:_Special_Security_Squad
https://www.star2.com/entertainment/tv/2017/08/23/japanese-drama-crisis-intriguing-plot-action/

almost like movie, the fighting scene is top notch, the story, worth the time,

Quote:

It was pretty easy to watch all 10 episodes of Japanese action drama Crisis. First, it didn’t have unnecessary scenes or dialogue, and second, the pace with which it moved along in all the episodes did not bore.

The drama is the work of award-winning writer Kazuki Kaneshiro, recipient of the prestigious Naoki Award for his novel Go.

ost for the drama,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpEi5coZmdQ

the idea, when you believe you are doing good, right, righteous, work for the benefits of society, government, etc, but in the end, you are betrayed, everything you trust, believe, go against the principle of righteous,

if you change the trust to government and society to religion, it is pretty much enlightening,

is like the moment we stop thinking the idea of what we do, but only following orders and whatever the sect, religion, official demand or force us to do, we are no much different from slave and maybe worse than slave?

do we need to study justice? or justice is actually something very nature inside everybody?
Post 18 May 2018, 13:03
sleepsleep

Why You're Wasting Your Life Away | The Truth We Are All Distracted From - Sam Harris
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W16YFgJ_RU
Post 19 May 2018, 03:26
sleepsleep

hosting blockchain

since it is impossible for us to pay our web hosting forever, maybe we want something that store our words, forever.
Post 20 May 2018, 13:32
Furs

Storing on the blockchain costs too, you know. Wink In whatever the crypto currency is for that blockchain.
Post 20 May 2018, 13:54
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
... forever.
That is a very long time. Do you think the (this? all?) universe(s) will last long enough to meet the goal?
Post 20 May 2018, 15:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

hi Furs,

i can't think of any idea yet, but i want a renewable block, those who offer their network so that people could access the content inside block will be paid with cryto that allow new input and update be executed,
Post 20 May 2018, 15:19
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
... forever.
That is a very long time. Do you think the (this? all?) universe(s) will last long enough to meet the goal?

how about thousand years, we are not here by that time, nobody could pay the hosting, Laughing

this is a main problem that require solution,
Post 20 May 2018, 15:22
revolution

If the information is important enough then other people will make copies for as long as they still want it. So the way to keep your information immortal is to make it useful and important. Wink
Post 20 May 2018, 15:24
sleepsleep

https://github.com/danistefanovic/build-your-own-x#build-your-own-blockchain--cryptocurrency

revolution wrote:

If the information is important enough then other people will make copies for as long as they still want it.

very true, but assume they could access that information first, so once a person gone forever, nobody pay his/her hosting anymore, all those information, unless go into archive.org (lot of uncertainty here, whether they will archive or not), otherwise, no longer exists,

but important is perspective, information is like arts, the way we put words together,

and how many times throughout the history, the information only become valuable, useful and important after the author demised,
Post 20 May 2018, 15:32
sleepsleep

to create something useful for next generation?
Post 20 May 2018, 16:39
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
hi Furs,

i can't think of any idea yet, but i want a renewable block, those who offer their network so that people could access the content inside block will be paid with cryto that allow new input and update be executed,
I think you need something other than just "keeping the network up" if you want to be rewarded with crypto.

One problem I see is a matter of trust. Why should someone trust you with what you keep up? You can easily set up a massive amount of network nodes that all falsely give the wrong info -- censorship or whatever -- and how will someone know this is the real blockchain and the correct info?

Blockchains solve this problem of trust with things that people can't "cheat" around. There's many types of such, but most popular is "proof of work", i.e. mining, like Bitcoin.

If you want to be rewarded cryptos, you need to validate other people's blocks with an algorithm that everyone agrees on who uses Bitcoin -- it's baked in the protocol (the hash algorithm). For example you must find the hash of the block (in the blockchain) that is greater than a given value. You find it with brute force. When you do so, everyone else can verify it with their software that it's true, because hashes are easily verified, but extremely difficult to find (we don't know of any algorithm to do it anyway). Why do people trust the hash? Because nobody knows how to forge one. Contrast this with just setting up a network of computers to say "look a lot of other nodes agree with me, my censored blockchain must be right, please trust it". Note that by mining you automatically maintain the network up. Your reward is the bitcoin you get (defined in the protocol).

There's other systems, such as "proof of stake", where you stake coins to validate others, and can lose them if you are proven guilty of scamming (proven by algorithms, not by biased humans). While in Proof of Work you need a huge amount of processing power, in PoS you need to start with a large amount of the crypto you're trying to earn. I don't know which one is worse for the little guy. Wink

Keep in mind that even with PoW or PoS you can still control the majority (> 50%) of the entire network, but you'd need a huge amount of processing power for PoW, and a huge amount of coins in PoS. If that happens, you can start to censor as you please, unless people stop trusting the blockchain completely (i.e. they switch to a fork, basically a different software/blockchain altogether, but it's hard to reach consensus, people are different).

For decentralized system it is important that the system itself, with no human intervention whatsoever, will reward or ask people for such proofs. No stupid biases.

Also keep in mind that if the hashes get "cracked", you have a whole lot more problems to worry about than just Bitcoin being "cracked". Like you know, the entire Internet which relies on https and other encryption.
Post 20 May 2018, 21:08
sleepsleep

hashes chain are what prevent changes since each block could be verified, but how to have something, previous block that is updatable?

assume content of blogs, scripts, pictures, binaries etc are stored inside block, still the input > process -> output, how to create such system,
Post 21 May 2018, 01:35
Furs

I have no idea what you're asking, but I don't think you understand the point of decentralization.

There is no central "blockchain" that gets updated with "changes". Each and every master node contains the entire blockchain as a copy. It can, obviously, easily change its own local copy, and if you were to connect to such node, how do you know it's the proper data? There's no "central blockchain" to ask.

You know because the hashes match properly and you verify more than one node. The algorithm that you use to match is software on your side -- they can't modify it on their end. They can only modify the data. Thus they can't "cheat" the hash at all unless they literally crack it.

Well they obviously can place an invalid hash, but then all Bitcoin clients will reject it, so it's not much point.

Once again there is no central blockchain. Every master node contains the entire copy of it. And as a user/client, you have no central place to turn to. You need to connect to random nodes -- strangers. So you can see the importance of trust being implemented in the protocol itself rather than just taking a random node for its word.

If you want to add a change to the blockchain, you need to add something that all nodes agree with. Like, you know, a transaction. They're all built to process transactions, so your "changes" will apply to all the blockchains on all the nodes, which is what you want (not just on one node, then it gets lost).

And transactions cost bitcoin and have fees even if you send 0 bitcoin -- fees which the master nodes are rewarded with (the miners who processed your transaction), otherwise they won't even process your transaction at all. Those guys, obviously, process the highest-fee transactions first, because they want profit, so the lower the fees (you can set them yourself), the deeper in the queue you are (and sometimes if too many people show up you're never going to get it processed). Hence, it's not "free" hosting at all. And all of this is built into the protocol itself.
Post 21 May 2018, 11:53
sleepsleep

assume i want block that without chained, expansion of blockchain technology or etc name, that allow deletion of old block that doesnt break chained hashes if let say we use chained hashes,

how would we design such protocol?
Post 21 May 2018, 13:40
Furs

Sorry, I still don't get what you're asking for. Smile

But I get the feeling you think the blockchain just "exists" perpetually, but in fact it's the action of the people who run master nodes who keep it alive. Just like with torrents, people have to seed for the content to be downloadable. Torrents, after all, are nothing more than just hashes. To get the actual data you need people to seed. They're also decentralized.

If you want people to keep the blockchain up, you need to give them an incentive. Like, you know, bitcoin fees.

I mean, sure, you can have some piece of data, hash it, upload its torrent somewhere (let's assume the torrent itself, or magnet link, exists "perpetually" in some form), and claim that the data is eternal. But really with nobody to UPLOAD the full copy of the data (seed), you simply won't get it, basically it doesn't exist, only its hash does.

Someone has to upload them, just like with blockchain. Those people, typically, don't do it for free (but there's few exceptions). There's no way around this problem, no amount of protocol design will change it. In fact, a protocol designed around humans not being selfish is doomed to fail.

BTW when I say "upload" I mean literally upload it to anyone who asks for it. Not "upload it to a server", no no. I mean the action of the server itself to upload the file everytime anyone downloads it (i.e. makes it accessible). If there's no server (no seeder), then you won't get the data, it's gone.
Post 21 May 2018, 16:14
sleepsleep

the incentive would be, imo, like this,
1. the longer the node stays online, connected, the more crypto coin it will gets, (no need to mining),

2. coin released in every 10 minutes, then bonus 1 hour, bonus 1 day, bonus each week, bonus each month, each year, each 10 year,

3. the coin would be the key to add/delete data inside the forever block, people could sell to other so that they could perform that add or delete,

4. beside the coin, i need something else,
a. the coin, 1 unit to 1024 bytes let say
b. the 1024 thing we want to archive without file type information, just data,
c. identifier for type of data, jpg, bin, txt, utf, url, xls etc
d. the deletion or removing key, might need some creative ideas here to prevent people just loop string and cause all deletion,
Post 22 May 2018, 07:36

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 137, 138, 139 ... 158, 159, 160  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: