flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > Windows 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
malware 1803 is about to create big havoc soon, welcome,

the future modular is interesting, but to move from now to there, probably need more years and courage,
Post 29 Mar 2018, 15:09
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
will deploy 1803 if they send me their laptop / desktop now, downloaded esd yesterday,
Post 12 Apr 2018, 10:27
sleepsleep

http://www.kxxv.com/story/38099870/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-windows-10-april-2018-update

please wait and don't turn off your computer, Laughing
kinda amazing how far people could tolerate, amazing!
Post 03 May 2018, 03:09
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

sleepsleep wrote:
kinda amazing how far people could tolerate, amazing!
When all the choices have a similar level of annoyance and/or a similar level of stupidity, then where is the real alternative?
Post 03 May 2018, 03:42
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bitRAKE

Glad to see RTF support has Math Zones added back in and some other new stuff (better table support, SVG, ...). Tried to play with them a few years back, but they were removed for some reason.
Post 03 May 2018, 07:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

http://sdbr.net/windows-10-update-failure/

welcome to windows 10, too bad, all other alternatives most likely require more hours, Laughing
Post 07 May 2018, 04:56
revolution

Blank webpage is blank. I expect it "requires" JS Rolling Eyes.
sleepsleep wrote:
welcome to windows 10, too bad, all other alternatives most likely require more hours, Laughing
Mistakes happen, and can be fixed. It is the spying, monitoring and controlling that are the real issues. All IMO of course.
Post 07 May 2018, 05:52
sleepsleep

web screenshots, requires js too, too bad,
http://sdbr.net/windows-10-update-failure/
https://i.imgur.com/ewcIBr9.jpg

revolution wrote:

It is the spying, monitoring and controlling that are the real issues.

people got no choice and they end up, using windows 10 virus and malware,
Post 07 May 2018, 08:17
revolution

Thanks.

I fully agree with the sentiment about not allowing MS (or anyone) to update anything whenever they decide. All that authoritarian stuff is too heavy handed for my liking.
Post 07 May 2018, 08:38
sleepsleep

@revolution,
are you still using Windows 7, or downgrade to Windows 10 already?

you could take a look at Windows 8.1 embedded enterprise, trial version available at MS website,
Post 08 May 2018, 09:30
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
@revolution,
are you still using Windows 7, or downgrade to Windows 10 already?

you could take a look at Windows 8.1 embedded enterprise, trial version available at MS website,
I use one machine that is W10 which I never connect to the Internet. I use another machine that is Linux Mint which I got few months ago. I no longer have any other Windows version.
Post 08 May 2018, 11:49
sleepsleep

nice step, Smile
Post 08 May 2018, 18:45
sleepsleep

this bastard just down this kinda stupid thing the moment i connect it to high speed network, damn it bastard,

it actually just caused the hotspot malfunction, probably because high bandwidth usage, the hotspot just disconnected me, damn it windows 10,
Post 12 May 2018, 01:56
sleepsleep

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window

using this utility to save the day,

but this is moronic, how is this different from just f. let me choose what to update instead of updating according to ms shits? these people are idiot,
Post 12 May 2018, 02:04
revolution

It is not your machine anymore. If you block updates and generally stop it from doing its thing then you are interfering with the ability of MS to control their own stuff. Rolling Eyes

Just accept your new overlords. Wink
Post 12 May 2018, 02:11
sleepsleep

KB890830 installing means, run this shit to scan every files on your pc,

seriously, this is malware, damn it,

Post 12 May 2018, 02:16
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
KB890830 installing means, run this shit to scan every files on your pc,
... on their PC. Twisted Evil
Post 12 May 2018, 02:18
sleepsleep

windows defender loves to scan every files inside your pendrive whenever you plug in the device, my question is, does all the scanned files filename and size get stored? because i suspect this kinda information are stored, and probably transferred out from our computer,
Post 12 May 2018, 10:38
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
windows defender loves to scan every files inside your pendrive whenever you plug in the device, my question is, does all the scanned files filename and size get stored? because i suspect this kinda information are stored, and probably transferred out from our computer,
Yes. But this would be no different from any other AV though. They all send out stuff to the mother-ship whenever they feel like it.
Post 12 May 2018, 10:44
Furs

revolution wrote:
I use one machine that is W10 which I never connect to the Internet. I use another machine that is Linux Mint which I got few months ago. I no longer have any other Windows version.
I was thinking of putting Linux also on my older computer (which has Windows XP). I mean, I won't interfere with its failing hard drive, I will just unplug the hard drive and "install" Linux on a USB Stick. Actually I won't even reinstall it I'll just pack up my current install (on the newer PC) and change a few settings (that are hardware-specific) and place it on the stick, make it bootable (e.g. with Syslinux) and whatever. No registry = no pain.

You know, this thread is mostly about security/spyware, but I can't really go back to Windows even if we exclude that. Because it doesn't give me control over it. For example, since USB sticks are pretty shit at wear leveling, I'll make it completely read-only (unless I specifically remount it read-write, e.g. to place some files) and boot Linux with an "overlay" filesystem -- the root image will be read-only and all temporary changes (since it has to write a few shit like logs) end up on ram via copy-on-write. Heck, I can even compress the contents of the RAM changes on-the-fly transparently with zram kernel module... since the old PC has kinda limited amount of RAM (and it's good anyway to free up space for other stuff). Oh yeah, the Linux read-only filesystem will also be heavily compressed in a filesystem called squashfs that supports on-the-fly decompression and random access (it uses blocks), so e.g. a 9GB install will only take like 2GB on the stick and boot faster since cheap sticks are typically slow at reading. It's for an older computer so a cheap stick is fine.

There's so much stuff like this that's totally a pain or impossible on Windows, you have to live with what shit MS decide to feed you with. Rolling Eyes

(I guess I'll keep a "Live" Windows stick also just in case I need to boot into it for some rare reason like e.g. some stupid manufacturer only offering firmware update to a non-external device via Windows (external can be easily done in a VM though), but yeah)

Oh and Linux can play nice with FreeDOS too, but installing multiple OSes with Windows is kinda painful. Razz (I have no problems with Windows in VMs though, very useful)
Post 12 May 2018, 11:32

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: