flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > Windows 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

sleepsleep wrote:
Fix: Windows 10 installs apps like Candy Crush Soda Saga automatically
https://winaero.com/blog/fix-windows-10-installs-apps-like-candy-crush-soda-saga-automatically/
Quote:
Besides Candy Crush Soda Saga, Twitter, Flipboard and Minecraft, users report that some other apps continue to be installed automatically, such as Photoshop Express, iHeartRadio and more.

i cant believe these shits, just did 1709 and out of my words,

whole experience became more sluggish, i cant believe,
Never allow Win10 access to the Internet. Never. Not ever. Not even a single byte, or a single bit.
Post 09 Dec 2017, 01:24
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution

The OS is supposed to be the most trusted part of the running software on the system. Everything relies upon the OS being trustworthy.

But along came MS and decided that sending all of your keystrokes to themselves was a necessary part of the OS.

And along came MS and decided that installing their unwanted apps on your system was a necessary part of the OS.

And along came MS and decided that automatically uploading your data to their computers (aka the cloud) was a necessary part of the OS.

And along came MS and decided that sending the master key, to decrypt your bitlocker drives, to themselves was a necessary part of the OS.

And along came MS and decided that forcing you to update at their whim on their time schedule was a necessary part of the OS.

And along came MS and decided that using your resources to download and display unwanted advertisements was a necessary part of the OS.

Windows 10, under control of someone else, exposing all of your secret password and keys, the most untrustworthy OS ever. And they expect people to pay money for it? Oh wait, people do pay money for it. Confused Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, it has pretty colours, so yeah, it is all worth it. Twisted Evil
Post 09 Dec 2017, 03:39
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs

I use Windows 10 only in a VM for rare cases with no internet, but would it hurt if I had to give it internet access for some dumb app? (temporary use)

I mean what data can it really collect, the fact it runs in a VM? No personal data in the VM of course. I don't think Windows is malware enough to attempt to escape the VM.
Post 09 Dec 2017, 13:54
revolution

Furs wrote:
I use Windows 10 only in a VM for rare cases with no internet, but would it hurt if I had to give it internet access for some dumb app? (temporary use)

I mean what data can it really collect, the fact it runs in a VM? No personal data in the VM of course. I don't think Windows is malware enough to attempt to escape the VM.
I guess it is all about feeding the monster. Windows adds you to their figures and furthers their claims of world dominance. I wouldn't mind connecting Windows 10 to the Internet if I could trust it. But that trust has long gone.

Maybe I should offer them an exchange. MS - send me all your passwords and keys to all your stuff, and then I'll send all my passwords and keys to you in return. Deal?

Last edited by revolution on 10 Dec 2017, 03:09; edited 1 time in total
Post 09 Dec 2017, 14:09
TmX

revolution wrote:
The OS is supposed to be the most trusted part of the running software on the system. Everything relies upon the OS being trustworthy.

So I assume you've ditched Windows and use Linux/BSD/whatever open source OS instead?
Or maybe you still use Windows, but without internet connection?

Smile
Post 09 Dec 2017, 18:00
TmX

sleepsleep wrote:

i cant believe these shits, just did 1709 and out of my words,

whole experience became more sluggish, i cant believe,

Just updated to 1709 last week, and until today I still don't see any unwanted apps installed. Hmm let me check my laptop again.
Post 09 Dec 2017, 18:03
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
TmX wrote:
Just updated to 1709 last week, and until today I still don't see any unwanted apps installed. Hmm let me check my laptop again.

i did clean installation, cant stand that bandwidth hogging upgrade / downgrade,
Post 09 Dec 2017, 23:02
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
revolution wrote:

But along came MS and decided that sending all of your keystrokes to themselves was a necessary part of the OS.

And along came MS and decided that installing their unwanted apps on your system was a necessary part of the OS.

And along came MS and decided that automatically uploading your data to their computers (aka the cloud) was a necessary part of the OS.

And along came MS and decided that sending the master key, to decrypt your bitlocker drives, to themselves was a necessary part of the OS.

And along came MS and decided that forcing you to update at their whim on their time schedule was a necessary part of the OS.

And along came MS and decided that using your resources to download and display unwanted advertisements was a necessary part of the OS.

Windows 10, under control of someone else, exposing all of your secret password and keys, the most untrustworthy OS ever. And they expect people to pay money for it? Oh wait, people do pay money for it. Confused Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, it has pretty colours, so yeah, it is all worth it. Twisted Evil

what other choices to replace dependency on windows? beside previous windows ancestors, xp, 7, vista, 8, 8.1, what else we could use?

no much choices,
Post 09 Dec 2017, 23:06
revolution

TmX wrote:
So I assume you've ditched Windows and use Linux/BSD/whatever open source OS instead?
Or maybe you still use Windows, but without internet connection?
I think it is important to specify the Windows version number. Windows 10 has no Internet rights here. Windows 7 has no update rights here. Windows XP can do whatever it wants (although it doesn't want to do anything because it behaves well).
Post 10 Dec 2017, 00:07
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
no much choices,
revolution wrote:
For most people there is no meaningful choice. MS knows this so they can do whatever they want and people will still use it. My workplace requires the use of Win10 because our customers use Win10. We also have no meaningful choice. And our customers have no meaningful choice either when their applications are only available for Windows. Application developers also have no meaningful choice if they want to sell their work and be able to eat. MS doesn't support older versions the the OS so Win10 is the only choice available. So it all points to no choice. Sad
Post 10 Dec 2017, 00:08
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
no much choices,
Linux?

I wonder how many people actually try to use it at least in a VM while using Windows for most tasks that don't actually "need" Windows.

Or use Windows in a VM instead for that one app you need. Most apps work just fine in VM, unless you need a lot of graphics hardware acceleration (like games), but many games work just fine in Wine though.

Drivers are a different matter if it's for something internal (depending on for what exactly). External devices via USB or so usually no problem in VM since you can literally give the VM direct access to them (so the drivers inside the VM will work just as well as native).

I'm not saying you can use a VM for everything here, or that you don't need a real Windows. I'm saying, reduce your "Windows use" as much as possible to see that it's not really so entrenched in your computing life, only because you let it.

(by "Windows use" I mean literally windows use, not stuff under Wine that works fine even on Linux, those are perfectly fine to use regardless -- I mean, if something works fine in Wine, I don't even bother to get a native Linux version if it's available, I prefer "windows binaries" since it's more universal, purism sucks)
Post 10 Dec 2017, 12:35
sleepsleep

maybe Linux and friends complicated more things and using these stuffs gone beyond average population ability and capability.

maybe opting for complexities is necessary in order to feed our ego? idk

simpleness, straightforward and easy to pick up should be main priority, and one hardly feel these from current offers,

it probably very hard and tedious to manage all devices and make them collaborate in sync to produce piece of heaven sound, but shouldn't all things be easy and simple? lol

browser should get redesign, only should come with basic tag, JavaScript and CSS,

complexities cause more resources, and we got limited life time, lol, too bad,

and we got so many things to get concern with, too many, probably no enough time to focus and do a simple os from scratch,
Post 10 Dec 2017, 13:47
revolution

Another keylogger found in HP laptops. It is not a big deal actually:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42309371
In no way does the data get sent to anyone except your local HDD/SSD. But for some reason this gets major coverage and HP are "bad" for doing it. And it is disabled by default anyway.

So why do so many people think it is okay for MS to do the same thing (and have it on by default). Only instead of storing it in plaintext on you local drive it sends the data to a remote computer that you don't control, don't know where it is, or who has access to it. I really truly don't understand why people are okay with that. It makes no sense to me.

Is it because the user can't see the data on their system so that somehow means it didn't happen?
Post 11 Dec 2017, 15:24
sleepsleep

a girl married, and found out, her husband treat her nice ~ randomly, sometime he said sorry, sometime he bought new gifts, flowers and most of the time, she became punching bag,

the girl wants to leaves her husband,and to add salt into her wounds, all counts of unsuccessful attempts only causes her more pain and suffering,

zero idea how to survive, no monies, no skills, so so appearance and look,

her husband is badass, threat to hurt her and her family members, if she dared to disobey or report him,

this is pretty much the relationship status when you made windows 10 your husband,

revolution wrote:
I really truly don't understand why people are okay with that. It makes no sense to me.

they sweep the floor clean while hiding all the shits under carpet,
is floor clean? they asked, floor is definitely clean, nobody disagree, Smile

is probably time for, windows 7, 8, and 10 source code leak out, full source code,
Post 11 Dec 2017, 17:12
Furs

Post 12 Dec 2017, 12:55
revolution

So now we just need to get the manufacturers to release their designs and the desktop, laptop, GPU, etc. can all have fully working drivers.
Post 12 Dec 2017, 13:07
TheRaven

3 years later and I wish I had my preview version back --lmao.

My favorite feature is the disappearing start menu icons --that's not a Fall Creators Update bug, it's a feature.
Post 11 Feb 2018, 02:34
sleepsleep

i repaired another windows 10 laptop several days ago, terrible is the only word i could say,

windows 10 is bastard, it can't even instantly perform what you request, like setting the connected wireless to metered, it still keeps on consuming your hotspot bandwidth,

you end up using regedit to stop the insanity, which mean, the Non pro version windows is crippled, useless, bastard,

the whole new start menu is bastard, go and figure out how to remove the link, software, you don't want to see there,

those who work on Windows 10, shame on you
Post 11 Feb 2018, 12:15
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
windows 10 is bastard, it can't even instantly perform what you request, like setting the connected wireless to metered, it still keeps on consuming your hotspot bandwidth,
It has to download all the advertisements and "upgrades", and upload all your secret data to MS. What you want it to do is not important. It is more important that it does what MS wants it to do. It is not your computer, MS own it now, just let MS do what they want, nothing could possibly go wring. Twisted Evil
Post 12 Feb 2018, 05:28
sleepsleep

Hey Microsoft, Stop Installing Apps On My PC Without Asking
by Chris Hoffman on February 15th, 2018
https://www.howtogeek.com/342871/hey-microsoft-stop-installing-apps-on-my-pc-without-asking/

windows is malware, period,
Quote:
The Microsoft Consumer Experience is actually a background task that runs whenever you sign into a Windows 10 PC with a new user account for the first time. It kicks into gear and automatically downloads apps like Candy Crush Soda Saga, FarmVille 2: Country Escape, Facebook, TripAdvisor, and whatever else Microsoft feels like promoting.

You can uninstall the apps from your Start menu, and they shouldn’t come back on your user account the same hardware. However, the apps will also come back whenever you sign into a new PC with the same Microsoft account, forcing you to remove them on each device you use. And, if someone signs into your same PC with their own Microsoft account, Microsoft will “helpfully” download those apps for their account as well. There’s no way to tell Microsoft “stop downloading these apps on my PC” or “I never want these apps on this Microsoft account”.

shame on you, windows 10
Post 15 Feb 2018, 20:10

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: