flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > vr and ar, current and future outlook

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
vr and ar, current and future outlook
vr, virtual reality
the computer-generated simulation of a three-dimensional image or environment that can be interacted with in a seemingly real or physical way by a person using special electronic equipment, such as a helmet with a screen inside or gloves fitted with sensors.

ar, augmented reality
a technology that superimposes a computer-generated image on a user's view of the real world, thus providing a composite view.

Wingnut AR Unreal Engine Demo on iOS | WWDC 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S14AVwaBF-Y

incoming technology in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Post 08 Aug 2017, 01:24
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
i saw the following ar demos,
- food ordering, you place the ar food on real table, see through your ipad or iphone or etc ar interface, (i think this is good one)

- furniture placing, you could see how your office look if you paid those furniture, chairs, tables, etc (maybe a real furniture that designed like ar quality, thus blending more ar into reality)

- scaled city on table, movable, zoomable,

- mapping, great way to feel map, architecture,

- inter dimensional portal,

- tic tac toe,

- measuring tape

- immersive ko street fighters

- view a lady model inside your room, Embarassed

- transforming a story into live mode, on your bed, playing movie from multiple angles, crime scene,

- ar probably equal to capture all your environment and send them all to tptb Embarassed

- i think ar/vr would be more immersive with controlled environment, eg, inside a car, it probably too powerful and extremely hard to differentiate what is real and what is not real, Idea with audio, Wink

- later
Post 08 Aug 2017, 08:36
sleepsleep

- i think billboard hijack by ar is good start-up, all your ads belong to me now, Embarassed, imagine you only could view mcd or kfc ads in all advertisement container through ar, i think that would be damn persuasive, Laughing

- maybe a dedicated flat table top for ar with additional control and functions, i was thinking about responsive buttons / controls in ar, that you press or some other people could press, and maybe mass people viewing same ar and changing them?

- robot dancing in my room, i think such idea will help a lot in education and knowledge transferring,

- it should be apple glass, or google glass or etc, because using ipod and iphone to view ar is, probably not a fun process in long run, Embarassed
Post 08 Aug 2017, 11:08
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

I prefer the reality without any prefixed word. There is so much to do and see without ever needing to put on an AR/VR headset/bodysuit. The world around us is an interesting and diverse place, take a little time to explore it, with your own senses in your own time in your own way.
Post 08 Aug 2017, 11:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs

VR is exciting to me, but more like an idealism, I know that I will never afford a real VR experience. (not just headset, but all senses). AR is bleh, I agree with revolution but only for AR, not VR.

Why not VR? Because VR lets you escape this world. For some of us that's cool especially if our normal lives aren't that great (well I mean, recreation time, not work, which is unavoidable unless you're rich or something). It's a way to escape, just like video games are.

Of course, one mistake to do with VR is to use your own body as input, which is crappy unless you're athletic. Now, I'm not fat, but I'm not fit either, since well I'm a geek/nerd, don't have time to waste on that shit. So of course if I were to escape this in VR, I'd need it to be input by the brain only and not run out of breath in 1 minute of intense running or whatever. (unless my VR character is a geek but why would I want that)
Post 08 Aug 2017, 12:10

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: