flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > Are most assembly programmers introverts?

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

Furs wrote:
To be honest I think this doesn't make you introvert.

Better write: I don't think (that) this makes you an introvert.

Back in my I.T. days, I was a systems/functional analyst. As such, I had to be easy-going and willing to take the initiative to discuss lots of technical and non-technical issues with end-users. And I was very good at doing so.

Now, I am a tutor (and hopefully I will find new tutees in the coming academic year). I need to actively interact with assorted students. Some are smart; some are not-so-smart; still others are school-phobic. Sometimes the job can be tough, but I still manage to tackle it. (For example, how many forum members have ever interacted with autistic students -- for years?)

Yet, I would like to be alone after work.

Wink
Post 17 Jun 2017, 12:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs

Oh, 1-on-1 coaching or something along those lines doesn't really qualify as very extrovert job in my opinion. It's when you deal with an environment with many people or a group. Smile

BTW thanks for the english tips all over, even if I don't comment on them, I do appreciate them. Wink
Post 17 Jun 2017, 13:41
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

I am quite sure that introverts can "act" like extroverts when the needs arises. But that doesn't make them extroverts. The major difference appears to be that extroverts need others to function, and introverts don't.

I am also quite sure that people do change all the time throughout their life. I've personally seen a deeply autistic child become a "normal" functioning adult with just a hint remaining of reservedness that he is able to "act" to hide for brief periods. Those that know him well see more of the autism still there but on the whole the change is very striking.
Post 17 Jun 2017, 18:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

Furs wrote:
Oh, 1-on-1 coaching or something along those lines doesn't really qualify as very extrovert job in my opinion.

In fact, 1-on-1 tutoring is quite tough, especially when the tutor is dealing with a not-so-smart student, not to mention a school-phobic.

The tutor needs to play two roles at once: a listener/observer (an introvert) and a salesman/persuader (an extrovert). It is easier said than done.

Wink
Post 18 Jun 2017, 02:05
YONG

revolution wrote:
I am quite sure that introverts can "act" like extroverts when the needs arises. ... I am also quite sure that people do change all the time throughout their life.

As a wise forum member has mentioned earlier, we develop new "faces" to cope with different social interactions as we grow up, but that does not change our true colors.

Wink
Post 18 Jun 2017, 02:10
YONG

Back to the topic question:

Are most assembly programmers introverts?

Rolling Eyes
Post 18 Jun 2017, 02:10
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
i don't see myself introverts, (assume i am assembly programmers) Wink

and i enjoy all my 24 hours to think and ponder about my own stuffs, mind, consciousness and etc, i prefer doing things alone, i don't like leading or management role, but i don't mind,

i like nice ladies, or guys, or aliens? i am excited to learn about others, their life and experiences,
Post 18 Jun 2017, 12:38
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
i like nice ladies, or guys, or aliens? i am excited to learn about others, their life and experiences,

Then you are definitely an extrovert.

Wink
Post 18 Jun 2017, 13:02
Furs

What if you like to imagine socializing with robots/AI/self-aware computers and such? I guess it makes you introvert since it's the thing most "nerds" feel comfortable with interacting. Wink
Post 18 Jun 2017, 14:44
nyrtzi

sleepsleep wrote:

YONG wrote:

In fact, I am extremely versatile -- I can do jobs that suit introverts or extroverts. There is no problem at all. In my leisure time, I, however, prefer to be alone.

i don't think you are introvert then, Embarassed you simply enjoy alone Idea

I'd say that the line between introverts and extroverts is drawn on the basis of which one taxes you and which you need to charge your batteries. I do fine with people but depending on the number and quality of the people I need to deal with I get drained and the only way to counteract that is to spend enough time alone by myself in my comfort zone / safe space. I've understood that with extroverts it's the opposite i.e., they thrive and charge their batteries through social interaction. I've heard some expert say (don't remember which one) that the issue we introverts have is that we are hyper-sensitive in a way which is kind of similar to an allergy to the complexities of social situations and that overexposure wears us out.
Post 23 Jun 2017, 06:28

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: