flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 125, 126, 127  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699

ve·loc·i·ty
vəˈläsədē/
noun
noun: velocity; plural noun: velocities
1. the speed of something in a given direction.
"the velocities of the emitted particles"
2. (in general use) speed.

speed of something in a given direction, learn something today Idea

why v is fixed? when their energy are different?
a 2000cc turbo vs a 600cc?

higher frequency lead to shorter wavelength, very logical, since you really need shorter wavelength to have higher frequency, Embarassed

but why their v is fixed?
Post 17 Jun 2017, 10:54
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
you introduce many "terms" i still blur,
could i use screen refresh rate as a method to understand this frequency? assume the world is just giant lcd screen that each individual pixel have their own refresh rate setting Laughing not sure if i could understand like this,

Probably not. Frequency in this case refers to the amount of cycles of the waveform. You need to understand waves first. Wink

BTW, every object at any temperature above absolute zero glows. Basically it is energy it is radiating due to heat. Heat is the "friction" (not quite but yea) between molecules/atoms. This emits radiation (i.e. light) of different frequencies. It's not just infrared. The lower the temperature, the lower the frequency at which things glow. Your body glows in infrared, for example, so you can't see the glow with your eyes but you can see it with an Infrared Sensor. (most people know this from classic movies like the Predator, if you aren't too fond of science talk)

Do you know how heating up a metal makes it have a red glow? That's because heating it up increases the frequency of the emitted glow. After Infrared comes Red which is visible to our eyes. That's why heated metal glows red. In fact, that's why Stars "glow" or "shine" a certain color too. (there are blue stars out there which are much hotter than our Sun which is yellow/orange).

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-body_radiation
Post 17 Jun 2017, 11:08
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

I wonder if the Unrah Effect real? And how would you measure the Unruh radiation if the wavelength is too large to fit in the universe? Hehe, something for sleepsleep to ponder.
Post 17 Jun 2017, 11:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
why their v is fixed?

Refer to:

Why is the Speed of Light Constant?
http://www.quantum-field-theory.net/why-is-the-speed-of-light-constant/

Wink
Post 17 Jun 2017, 12:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699

thanks a lot YONG,

Quote:

Take the ten-year-old to a lake and drop a stone in the water. Show her that the waves travel through the water at a certain speed, and tell her that this speed depends only on the properties of water. You might drop different objects at different locations and show her that the waves travel at the same speed, regardless of the size of the object or location of the water.

this is very interesting!, i never know! Idea
it means if one takes a gun, fire a bullet into the lake, the speed of generated wave travel (to all direction) when that bullet entered the water would be exactly the same speed like how one drop a tiny pebble, Idea

this actually prompt me to another idea,
the space is the 1 pixel top most layer surface for quantum field, Laughing (like how the water in above case)

then the wave (radio, infra or etc) is generated when there are (energy) penetrated the space,

and probably i could collapse the wave if i generate the exact wave into the incoming direction, Laughing does this mean i could turn off everybody gps now? Laughing

i think i could understand why v is constant now, Wink thanks a lot!

so, if a tiny pebble could generate the same wave, why we use a gun, we should cut cost,

how to generate a simple and cheap radiowave?

wat are the distinguishable relationship between radiowave and soundwave?

another question, does repeatedly throwing pebble into water will result the wave going very far compare to dropping one pebble? or there is no friction in space radio wave? once the radio wave is created, it will move forever into all direction or specific direction depend on how we cause the wave generated?
Post 17 Jun 2017, 14:42
sleepsleep

18th June 2017

- got a weird dream that already played before today sleep,

- the event started in a giant mall, i seem to take some of their very important stuff, then i keep on running to escape from the authorities, police and so on,

- it seems that i was on a island, maybe singapore, idk, all the people who live on the island are circling the shore, and they help me to escape, by making the police and etc harder to find me,

- there was a guy, he drives a yellowcab and i squeezed myself inside the taxi front dashboard, not sure how it was done, but somehow, he drove me away from the island,

- then i reach a factory area, (this is the part i felt i already dream before)

- then i saw a guy tied up, maybe two guys, idk why they are there,

- i was like finding something in that factory, can't remember waht is it, or i was trying to open something, not much luck to recall right now,
Post 17 Jun 2017, 22:21
sleepsleep

i will let my imagination run wild for a while, Laughing

to penetrate space and making waves, it probably requires something very fast, it probably doesn't need really high energy, it just needs to be very fast (in nature or man-made form),

since sound doesn't moves fast, it couldn't penetrate the space and result radio waves, i guess, Laughing

faster than light would be very possible if one could figure out where and how the thing that penetrate space into quantum and going out from quantum into our physical space, Laughing

when you drop a pebble into lake, something comes out, the water and probably some bubbles, i was thinking that if you penetrate space, something will comes out too, the dark matter, Laughing

Furs wrote:
every object at any temperature above absolute zero glows.

i saw some infrared cctv before, even inside darkness, objects are noticeably visible,

found this, http://www.differencebetween.net/technology/difference-between-night-vision-and-infrared/
- Night vision detects visible light while infrared detects radiated heat

Furs wrote:
That's because heating it up increases the frequency of the emitted glow. After Infrared comes Red which is visible to our eyes. That's why heated metal glows red.

so we got a object, a metal, there are lots of atom and friends inside, Laughing they vibrate leisurely,
then we heat the metal, the atom and friends detect heat, (heat is some kinda of radio waves)
atom increase vibration, the process causes itself overall to glow, am i right?

so if one doesn't use heat, maybe idk what method to cause the atom increase vibration, the metal will glow red too, right?
Post 17 Jun 2017, 23:12
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
probably i could collapse the wave if i generate the exact wave into the incoming direction, Laughing

The idea has been explored in many sci-fi movies, such as the following:

The Astronaut's Wife (1999)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Astronaut%27s_Wife

Wink
Post 18 Jun 2017, 02:14
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
faster than light would be very possible if one could figure out where and how the thing that penetrate space into quantum and going out from quantum into our physical space, Laughing

The speed of light is dictated by the properties of space (or the medium). Faster-than-light travel will violate the law of causality, "messing up" the universe.

I don't think that it is possible. Sorry.

Wink
Post 18 Jun 2017, 02:22
sleepsleep

Faster Communication: Chinese Scientists Break Quantum Entanglement Record
https://worldindustrialreporter.com/faster-communication-chinese-scientists-break-quantum-entanglement-record/

Quote:

Chinese scientists have smashed the previous quantum entanglement record by successfully transmitting photons through a satellite across a distance of roughly 1,200 kilometers.

i think we are moving toward faster than light, Embarassed
Post 18 Jun 2017, 12:32
sleepsleep

i been thinking about this today,

you need a battery, a coil, then you got magnetic field when the electricity runs, (the coil doesn't move, so as the battery)

but without battery, with only a permanent magnet, you already got magnetic field, (how to have electricity without having the magnet or coil moving?)
Post 18 Jun 2017, 12:46
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
how to have electricity without having the magnet or coil moving?

Partially block the magnetic field experienced by the coil by moving certain magnetic shielding materials in the space between the permanent magnet and the coil. As long as there are changes in the magnetic field experienced by the coil, a potential difference will be generated.

Wink
Post 18 Jun 2017, 13:20
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
so we got a object, a metal, there are lots of atom and friends inside, Laughing they vibrate leisurely,
then we heat the metal, the atom and friends detect heat, (heat is some kinda of radio waves)
atom increase vibration, the process causes itself overall to glow, am i right?

so if one doesn't use heat, maybe idk what method to cause the atom increase vibration, the metal will glow red too, right?

It doesn't "detect" if it's heated, it is always heated. "Room temperature" is kind of "hot" when you compare it with absolute zero temperature. Absolute zero (absence of heat) is −273.15 degrees Celsius. If you were to touch such an object you'd likely freeze your hand instantly.

i.e. Water freezes at 273.15 degrees above absolute zero. Now you understand just how cold absolute zero is?

A metal that feels cold to the touch is still very much heated up and glows in infrared or lower frequencies. As you increase the temperature (heat it up), its glowing frequency will increase, until it becomes visible (red, lowest visible light frequency).

I don't know the exact thing but I'm pretty sure that the reason welding looks blue is similar, except it heats the metal much higher for it to be blue instead. (maybe I'm wrong but hope you get the idea).
Post 18 Jun 2017, 14:41
sleepsleep

Kala Brown Release
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVxesoegPC4

Quote:
The solicitor's office has released video and images from the Todd Kohlhepp case for the first time, including the rescue of Kala Brown, who was held captive on his property, and part of Kohlhepp's confession to a quadruple killing.

Todd Kohlhepp, 46, pleaded guilty to seven counts of murder, four counts of possession of a weapon during a violent crime, two counts of kidnapping and one count of first-degree criminal sexual conduct. He was sentenced to seven consecutive life sentences plus an additional 60 years in prison.

why anyone think it is ok to chain another person? or maybe animal? or trapping a person into a particular area, or animal?

is human insane by default?
Post 18 Jun 2017, 23:16
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:

Some humans are born insane; they will eventually turn into psychopaths.

Wink
Post 19 Jun 2017, 01:57
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
why anyone think it is ok to chain another person? or maybe animal? or trapping a person into a particular area, or animal?

Hate to be that guy, but what makes you think it's not "ok" to do stuff like that? I don't mean small fish like this guy, I mean way bigger fish (who are corrupt).

I bet you and many others certainly find treating objects that way "perfectly ok" like most humans. Do note that it could be just an artificial emotion or thing we have embedded in us. We label people who lack these kind of emotions or attachment to life as insane, but really, if they were the majority they would label us as insane instead. I doubt you'll find your own doings "wrong" in such case. Wink

I know some people hate religion, but to me human emotions, such as respecting life or treating it differently, are just like a sort of religion. If you think about it in a raw "cold" "scientifical" way, there's nothing special about life other than what it gives. People justify life with emotions but not all people share the same emotions just like they don't share the same beliefs. Are you gonna call them blasphemers? Oh the irony.

For example a robot would have no inherent reason to not chain humans, since we "chain" inanimate objects ourselves and use them as tools, why wouldn't he treat a bunch of flesh the same way? That is, of course, if we don't program it to serve humans, which is no different than programming it to forcefully follow a religion.

Yet I'm sure a lot of atheists or theists in general think they're both superior to religious / non-believing folk respectively, and that the people who lack empathy/emotions towards life are also "subhuman". Because you know, their viewpoint is definitely superior even when they don't even know the "meaning" or "mechanism" of life so let's preach it even to those not sharing their viewpoint Confused (even worse, treat them as subhuman)

(btw I'm not saying I don't value life, in fact I have my own specific beliefs, I just don't agree with human sheep bias in many cases, especially those who think they're "superior" than others when they're clearly biased -- also, I definitely do not say that the guy does not deserve prison time, in fact to me he deserves death penalty; this is more about how such thoughts are not that "alien", but people can know they do something against the law or taking someone else's freedom and opportunities)

I mean, there's people who treat animals the same way as objects, how are they different than this psycho? Because there's a "human life is greatest" religion? In fact I'd also treat robots/self-aware AI just as humans even if they don't have "life" or "human emotions"... but sadly some people think they get to decide what's important or what we should value and call those who disagree as insane Rolling Eyes
Post 19 Jun 2017, 11:56
sleepsleep

pain
pān/
noun
noun: pain; plural noun: pains
1. physical suffering or discomfort caused by illness or injury.

i think, i based my thoughts regarding this topic to this word, pain,
i would define pain as the result or output of bully,
we shouldn't do stuff that cause pain to others, since we don't want too, others to cause pain on us, (and ironically, pain help a person grow, Laughing and who to decide to what degree of pain one could inflict on another person to help him or her grow? Embarassed )

i would define religion as "over 50/50 belief system" that people hold towards afterlife and prelife or etc events, that couldn't yet be explained through common sense and human-knowledge,

respecting life is not a religion, it is after much experiences, much struggles, personal encounter that finally developed into a principle or conclusion, that people think it is great and wise to hold,

i think a clear definition regarding something that we want to use, words, concept, idea, thoughts etc is utmost important, because if we couldn't define as exact and precise as we mean by those words, misunderstanding will surely propagate,

btw, the ok in my meaning is doable, Embarassed

does object feel pain? rock, sand, water, plant, steel, fire, computer chips, software codes, or etc, afaik, they don't, the plant part is a bit tricky, i am 50/50 on that,
animals surely feel pain, human, we all feel pain,

we have emotion and we could feel, how we treat something in the lowest form is based on complex and probably unexplained emotion, well ~ contrarily, in a higher form probably is based on wisdom,

and we shouldn't deduce it is insane to do so because majority voted it is insane to do so, it is insane because it is unacceptable behaviour in our core principles, conclusion about life, about how the way human interact, it is plain bully in the daylight to another object that could feel,

and probably it is true, every object got a different price tag,
Post 19 Jun 2017, 17:30
Furs

Yeah, pain is a good example where I agree with you, but pain can't be proven though. I mean proven, as in from a 3rd party. We know humans and most animals receive pain because we compare them with humans, and we know from our experiences as humans about pain (though, there are people who can't feel pain, so to them pain is an alien concept -- can't blame them and label them as subhuman right?), but there's stuff we'll never know. Well, pain is one of those things like conscience which is difficult to "know" Confused

I mean, scientifically, pain is just some signals sent to the brain. Our computers use billions of signals every second, are those "pain" or not? If we make and program them to scream, does it mean they are pain suddenly? What about "self aware" computers in the future? It's a very difficult question to answer since we don't know.

Now, I do think that if you cause pain to others, you deserve at least equal treatment in return (if not more); that's my belief though. It's based on my own logic etc, but I wouldn't necessarily be quick to label others if they don't share it, that's my point. It's not just about pain either, but about stealing freedom or opportunity in general.

sleepsleep wrote:
respecting life is not a religion, it is after much experiences, much struggles, personal encounter that finally developed into a principle or conclusion, that people think it is great and wise to hold,

Yeah, but a religious person would say the exact same things, especially about them becoming wise after a "personal encounter with God" or something like that Wink

I'm sure you're convinced your way is the "right way", but remember that's what every religious nut thinks of himself as well. Wink

(even if I agree with you on many points, I'm still skeptical about my "right way" and at least avoid trying to sound hypocritical when I label others, since I don't do it very often)
Post 19 Jun 2017, 20:24
sleepsleep

let recap an old stories, with lots of values in it, imo,

luke skywalker took three blind man to visit zoo, well, they hang their hands on each other shoulder, then suddenly luke told them to stop, they encountered an elephant,

guy 1 feel the elephant and said it was like rope,

guy 2 feel the elephant and said it was like tree trunk,

guy 3 feel the elephant and said it was like a fan,

now i guess everybody knew this story, what i want to do is, extend it, Embarassed

guy 1 said, elephant is definitely a rope, no compromise, and guy 2 and guy 3 are seriously wrong, and he might quit become their friend if they cannot agree elephant is rope,

guy 2 said, well, i feel it like tree trunk, maybe guy 1 is right, a rope, or a fan, or maybe it just tree trunk, or maybe elephant is a combination of all these, guy 2 said he is 50/50, and able to accept new idea,

guy 3 said, well, i don't care, i have zero motivation to further explore what is an elephant, i don't know,

what i intend to say is,
surely, religion definitely promote and mold such personal behaviour (my way is the only right way)
but without religion, such personal behaviour also certainly exists in any human,

----

pain might be hard to detect on object beyond human, animal, idk, but as far as i am concern, human, animal could feel pain, and we should therefore try our best, not to inflict pain on human and animal,

it is all about signals, very true, one could get a knife and have a cut, to send such signals, it just the method pain are send into conscious, or you dream you got cut, the pain signals triggered,

since we aware we don't like such pain signals, we might as well don't cause such signals to others,

----

insane in the sense, when a conscious ~ think it is doable, to send such pain signals to others, (purposely),
Post 20 Jun 2017, 01:39
sleepsleep

we position the two magnetic shield in the way, when left got hole open, right will block shield,

spring coil and magnets are position stationary, no movement, when we rotate the circular shield, will current run?

AC in the, N and S field

DC in the N N or S S field?

and what happened if the rpm is too high? Laughing
Post 20 Jun 2017, 01:50

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 125, 126, 127  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: