flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > WannaCrypt

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

Re: WannaCrypt

revolution wrote:
One day is probably about the sweet spot ...

We can't. Some spots are reserved for other "World Days".

Wink
Post 16 May 2017, 02:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

Furs wrote:
If you have important phone numbers just write them on your PC in a text file (which you backup like everything else ofc) or old-school way on paper.

Contacts are copied to the cloud automatically. These days no-one bothers to write down or memorize anything. That's why people are getting dumber and dumber.

Wink
Post 16 May 2017, 02:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

Quote:
Shadow Brokers promised in a blog on Tuesday to release tools every month to anyone willing to pay for access to some of the tech world’s biggest commercial secrets.

Refer to:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/group-that-leaked-nsa-cyberweapon-leading-to-wannacry-promises-more-malware-codes/story-L8Zd5bu73m5Ghx6uTi6GAJ.html

New tools every month? If true, the market share of Windows 10 may actually go up, as users are forced to abandon old versions of Windows.

Wink
Post 17 May 2017, 08:19
Furs

Gah I'm worried Linux will have some vulnerability there. To be fair, I don't care about userland vulnerabilities, since I sandbox my internet browser and such. I'm worried about kernel vulnerabilities only.

BTW they said they'll target Windows 10-only exploits too.
Post 17 May 2017, 11:31
YONG

Furs wrote:
BTW they said they'll target Windows 10-only exploits too.

But Windows 10 gets updated automatically. So, there should be no problems.

BTW, I am really glad that I switched my workhorse OS to "Chrome OS plus Linux" over a year ago.

Wink
Post 17 May 2017, 13:36
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
conspiracy to introduce bitcoin to mass population, through wannacry, Embarassed and 1 bitcoin equal 10k soon, Laughing

more to come, PTB got their own arrangement for us, Embarassed Laughing
Post 17 May 2017, 14:38
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
... and 1 bitcoin equal 10k soon, Laughing

How much bitcoin do you have?

Wink
Post 18 May 2017, 03:39
YONG

Quote:
One of those programs, called Adylkuzz, exploits the vulnerability to mine an obscure cryptocurrency called Monero.

Refer to:

The NSA’s leaked Windows hack caused more damage than just WannaCry
https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/15655484/wannacry-variants-bitcoin-monero-adylkuzz-cryptocurrency-mining

The mess is getting bigger and bigger!

Wink
Post 18 May 2017, 03:44
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699

YONG wrote:

sleepsleep wrote:

Wink

a little bit, and i forgot my electrum password already, Laughing Laughing

YONG wrote:
The mess is getting bigger and bigger!

you mean the mess about some "paid" talks about wannacry? Laughing

there are still un"used" zero exploits, Laughing scary stuffs
Post 19 May 2017, 18:44
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:

YONG wrote:

sleepsleep wrote:

Wink

a little bit, and i forgot my electrum password already, Laughing Laughing

What exactly is "a little bit"? I need to know!

Wink
Post 20 May 2017, 05:46
sleepsleep

not sure why you so keen to know the exact a little bit?

i don't think bitcoin will survive in long term,
until a blockchain, a new crypto coin funded by major banks/companies, otherwise they will most likely facing anti issues in everywhere,

until google/microsoft/oracle/tesla major companies start its own crypto coin i will sell everything and buy that coins

the best part would be, you must own tesla coin to buy tesla car, google coin to pay google and so on, that would be the best scenario imo,

and tesla crypto coin to buy only tesla shares, warrants

this will be the best scenario,

universal income distributed through crypto coin, 10 % every month or max equivalent dollar 1k

the current spending electric to mine is, maybe a kind of wasting? idk, what is the purpose of mining, because those electric could be use on other stuffs to produce physical stuffs instead of virtual stuffs

is it possible, to transmit liquid or gas from hong kong to singapore using internet?
if underlying of everything is 1 and 0, then everything should be possible, imo,
Post 20 May 2017, 18:21
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
i don't think bitcoin will survive in long term,

It won't. There's no way it can, even without competition.

It is a flawed design. Its fatal flaw is that there's a finite number of bitcoins available in existence (not all are mined yet of course).

What's so bad about finite amount of money? Deflation. Yeah, inflation is bad, but deflation is worse. It will become truly premium currency over time as people lose their bitcoin wallets. People lose "real" money all the time; they die, accidents happen, they forget them or the passwords, etc. It happens.

Lost wallets still exist, cryptographically, they're just never used anymore. They take up valuable "bitcoin availability" since they're never entering any transaction ever again. Since there's a finite amount of bitcoins in existence, wasting a limited amount of coins is a very bad thing. Especially as human population will continue growing (i.e. more bitcoin demand). I mean hey, its price is already going up, that means it's being deflated, because mining is harder as time goes on (until it's over).

I wonder when it's over, what incentives will there exist for miners to even process transactions?
Post 20 May 2017, 19:14
sleepsleep

i agree with your idea too regarding the fatal flawed design, Furs,

how to create a non-authority based authorized money supply? i see plantation, growing crops, food, i think i wrote it sometime ago, we shouldn't have infinite money that could stay as money forever,

if flour is money, it would last for 3 or so years, unless you invest more money to build a cold storage for flour, eventually it doesn't make sense to store large amount of flour,

nobody would have to die from hunger if flour is money,

but does making more food and allow people to think we got big surplus food to feed incoming babies a good idea? idk,

there are lot of unsolved human issues, from input, process to output, lots of issues,

in fact, trying to communicate with only 1 person would produce so much conflicts, imagine the conflicts trying to communicate with 10, 100, 1000, or 1 million human, imagine the conflicts with 7 billions currently on earth, even you got the technology, eg, to say something into their mind, the feedback will cause you gone insane,

even our nice small 10 to 20 active members forum also could produce so much conflicts, maybe human should be wipe from the surface of earth,
Post 20 May 2017, 22:26
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
not sure why you so keen to know the exact a little bit?

To decide whether it is worthwhile to hack your computer and steal your bitcoin! Twisted Evil

Wink
Post 21 May 2017, 04:13
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
even our nice small 10 to 20 active members forum also could produce so much conflicts

More than that. But most of them just read and don't post.

Wink
Post 21 May 2017, 04:17
sleepsleep

YONG wrote:
To decide whether it is worthwhile to hack your computer and steal your bitcoin! Twisted Evil

Wink

you don't have to steal, you can sign up the break captcha online program, they will pay you BTC, Laughing

i endured it for a month, nice experience, it makes you reflect the exact experience how poor or uneducated or unlucky people invest most of their time yet earn so little,

but everything make sense if you view, this whole life is game, a virtual game, and we are here to experience, and sort out our own judgement, our own next option, maybe, idk
Post 21 May 2017, 09:41
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
you don't have to steal, you can sign up the break captcha online program, they will pay you BTC, Laughing

But I need to solve at least 2000 puzzles to get paid!

I would rather spot and fix 20 grammatical and/or idiomatic errors.

Wink
Post 21 May 2017, 12:06
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
this whole life is game, a virtual game, and we are here to experience, and sort out our own judgement, our own next option

You are absolutely right -- we live in a simulation!

Do We Live in a Simulation?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5AffGBFya4

Wink
Post 21 May 2017, 12:49
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
how to create a non-authority based authorized money supply? i see plantation, growing crops, food, i think i wrote it sometime ago, we shouldn't have infinite money that could stay as money forever,

I'm not sure if it's truly feasible to have one without a central authority. To me it's like real life, and I'm sure some people will disagree with me here (we had such debate in your other thread, like with ford Wink).

IMO, it is an absolute mistake to give any single person (permanent) ownership over a finite resource. It's just not sustainable. This applies even in a "world without government" (i.e. decentralized) for anything, not just bitcoin.

If someone owns land, and he eventually dies without "passing" that ownership to anyone else, who owns the land then? Is it free for the taking? Whoever claims it first? So we get wars and stuff? There's no central authority to revoke it or anything regulated. Let's fight like kids over it. "I saw it first, no I touched it first it's mine!!!" and thus wars are born.

Now, with bitcoin it's even worse. Because the owner that died or forgot/lost his bitcoin wallet literally lost it. You can't even forcefully claim it as yours anymore. It's just gone.

This is a problem even if the population stood constant and there was no growth. But with growth, even without such a problem, a finite amount of resources would still make it unsustainable.
Post 21 May 2017, 14:23
sleepsleep

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripple_%28payment_protocol%29
this one should worth more in future, just aware about this

Furs wrote:
it is an absolute mistake to give any single person (permanent) ownership over a finite resource

i agree

Furs wrote:
who owns the land then?

i think, every human on earth entitled a fair share and fair usage of any piece of land, we could take the time sharing computer as an example,

eg, it could be,
we created a kind of crypto coin that grow along with human population, a male coin and a female coin,
if they have sex Laughing Laughing, the crypto code will decide randomly, whether the new coin is male or female,

now the coin need human years to grow up, before it could produce another new coin,

and there also exists the mechanism to cause the coin to die, those are random event, basically algorithm used to maintain the balance on this crypto coin,

wait, did i say, we all are actually human coin? we are the monies used by those aliens, Laughing
Post 21 May 2017, 21:15

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: