flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > 9/11 discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Furs

revolution wrote:
The amount of planning and the number of people required to keep their mouths shut would be far beyond what is possible for humans to achieve.

If the NSA/CIA leaks are any indication, it seems it can actually survive for decades. Unfortunately, people like Snowden etc are rare, you can't assume someone will always be willing to risk his life for others who don't believe it.

Rumors have been going on for years about the NSA conspiracies -- clearly, Snowden did it specifically for those not believing in the conspiracies. Risking his life while at it. (and now he can't even go back to the US anymore, ask yourself, would YOU do it if given the chance?)

My point isn't that all conspiracies are true, but that thinking "the proof/truth will come out eventually" is naive. People like Snowden are rare, and even more rare that they get enough access to know about these state secrets.
Post 30 Mar 2017, 10:33
ford

@revolution: but but but I saw this one youtube video where the lizard people came down in space ships to the flat earth and and and they chewed all the metal and that is what brought them down!

/sarcasm.
Post 30 Mar 2017, 15:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
guignol

@ford: prefect?

/pureirony.
Post 30 Mar 2017, 17:46
guignol

After sixteen years...

Simplexity:
Two twin buildings, one smaller, and only two planes.
Pentagon breakthrough. (The smaller collapsed of grief, rest assured.)
go on...
Post 30 Mar 2017, 17:51
ford

Quote:

@ford: prefect?

lol. yup.

Quote:

If the NSA/CIA leaks are any indication, it seems it can actually survive for decades. Unfortunately, people like Snowden etc are rare, you can't assume someone will always be willing to risk his life for others who don't believe it.

Not decades. The NSA programs made public in the Snowden leaks weren't in place nor was the apparatus built until after well after 2001. As regards the CIA and NSA spying in general, anyone who wasn't already suspicious was kind of just unaware of reality. That stuff started in the early days of the Cold War and became institutionalized in 1978 under FISA.

Quote:

Rumors have been going on for years about the NSA conspiracies -- clearly, Snowden did it specifically for those not believing in the conspiracies. Risking his life while at it. (and now he can't even go back to the US anymore, ask yourself, would YOU do it if given the chance?)

Most of the conspiracy theories I had heard about the IC either fell short of reality, or were so grandiose that they were laughable. I get what you mean though.

Quote:

My point isn't that all conspiracies are true, but that thinking "the proof/truth will come out eventually" is naive. People like Snowden are rare, and even more rare that they get enough access to know about these state secrets.

I think it is more naive to assume that people can work together in perpetuity. Is it not more realistic to assume that people will fuck things up? Is it not more realistic to assume that humans can do nothing particularly well, and even more so when it involves power, cunning, and duplicity?
Post 30 Mar 2017, 20:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: