flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Feedback > FAsmG triggering anti-virus

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
TheRaven

FAsmG triggering anti-virus
Downloaded fasmg on two separate occasions where both events triggered an anti-virus software report and effective deletion of the downloaded file. The fasmg down-load is categorized as viral more specifically identified as malware. Am not certain if the file contents have been compromised on the server-side or the issue is simply client-side false positive.

Would prefer the issue resolved on my end, but for security reasons recommend the file's review addressing possible corruption. Consider providing check-sums/hashes for FAsm downloads expediting the differentiation between fasm and malicious code limiting impact from similar events in the future.

Thanks for your time and effort developing fasm and any consideration you offer this incident TG.

Currently, my device employs Windows 10 32-bit using Windows Defender for anti-virus services. Windows 10 is set to run in user mode contrast to developer mode; more than likely Win10 Defender definitions need updated to include FAsmG in the friendly list.

FAsm 1 download packages did not not trigger antiviral response from Windows 10 Defender.

Last edited by TheRaven on 27 May 2016, 20:29; edited 1 time in total
Post 26 May 2016, 20:34
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

Yet another AV failure. Why people trust them is beyond my ken. Time to delete your AV. More trouble than they are worth.
Post 27 May 2016, 01:53
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

virustotal.com shows a negligible detection ratio: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/82aa266ae0a84d9b75ca8c07f1ac77e8e8841aa9e1deaf7677c2e598621bd84b/analysis/1464335475/
The false alarms on fasm 1 packages used to be much worse.
Post 27 May 2016, 07:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
shoorick

seems, baidu tries to protect us from wisdom Cool
Post 27 May 2016, 10:03
TheRaven

Off topic thanks to Shoorick for his work on WaFAsm Studio.

Virus Total seems in need of update to its report that fasmg is passive regarding Microsoft antivirus identification and treatment. Apparent that assembler is still scoffed as black-hat special interest lowering allegation that HLL developers have evolved intellectually over the last two decades.

Thanks for the response Tomasz; FAsm being so available and very popular among assemblers assume it understood by O.S. and antivirus software developers and vendors --guess I'm the fool in this matter. Perfect example of the blind leading the blind...

In closure thought the matter should be discussed for general safety consideration and am very aware of legacy antivirus reports concerning FAsm 1. Just seems that antivirus and operating system devs/vendors should have caught up with 2016, but sadly is same old sh!t marketing laziness.
Post 27 May 2016, 18:38
TheRaven

shoorick wrote:
seems, baidu tries to protect us from wisdom Cool

IKR - pathetic. Rolling Eyes

Post 27 May 2016, 20:23
TheRaven

Good news - I can now download FAsmG without triggering Windows Defender BS. You'd think that Microsoft would know about FAsm due to the fact that its been around since Win2K Pro (for me anyway) and that was how long ago? Too d^mn long for this crap to occur.

Anyway, I'm happy now ...and back to business.
Post 10 Sep 2016, 18:36

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: