flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > Fasm has my heart again.

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
GuyonAsm

GuyonAsm
Well after moving over to nasm for a short while, because of problems i've had with older versions of fasm(this was about 6+ months ago), now that i've decided to test the newer ones, i am quite impressed and moving back. I've also pointed many of my asm friends to use this assembler also, or at least give it a try. Very Happy
Post 27 Sep 2003, 17:14
JohnFound

JohnFound
So, welcome back. Smile We are small but cheerful party. Very Happy
Post 27 Sep 2003, 18:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Tommy

Tommy
Yes! Welcome back! Wink FASM is the only assembler for me! Cool
Post 27 Sep 2003, 19:01
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scientica
Retired moderator

scientica
W3'r3 73h 1337*! Wink * the elite is a small group of the best
Seriously, welcome back on board the ship Smile. We're small like children, but like every adult has once been a child, every software has once been used only by small part. Smile

... a professor saying: "use this proprietary software to learn computer science" is the same as English professor handing you a copy of Shakespeare and saying: "use this book to learn Shakespeare without opening the book itself.
- Bradley Kuhn
Post 27 Sep 2003, 21:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JohnFound

JohnFound
scientica wrote:
...every software has once been used only by small part. Smile

Hey, hey, I am not sure that FASM users are so little. Smile
On the contrary - I think that many people all around the world use FASM in this moment. Only the forum is still small, but only a small part of the programmers visit forums at all. Very Happy

Regards.
Post 28 Sep 2003, 15:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
GuyonAsm

GuyonAsm
Quite true, alot of programmers i know dont visit forums all to often.
Post 28 Sep 2003, 16:32
proveren

proveren
(slightly off topic): I thought that the greatest power of the internet are the forums. Confused
Post 13 Aug 2004, 11:09
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
forum is also one of greatest power of FASM. You have ONE! forum, where all users are ready to help you, and this forum is alive, some coding gem appears almost every week.
This uniquity is, in my opinion, is what FASM have over other assemblers (and speed, simplicity of use, macrosyntax and many other things too...)
Post 13 Aug 2004, 11:55
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Mac2004

Mac2004
I think there's very active core of fasm users participating this message board. Very Happy Where are Nasm message boards? I haven't seem yet! Besides Nasm is full of bugs Sad .

regards
Mac2004
Post 24 Aug 2004, 08:06
crc

crc
Look here for the NASM message boards: http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=6208

The NASM people are slowly fixing bugs, but you have to use CVS to get the changes (the most recent fixes date back ~3 months). I'd stick with FASM Smile
Post 24 Aug 2004, 11:16
Mac2004

Mac2004
Hi crc!

My criticism towards Nasm is based on several years of experience on using Nasm. I like the syntax and everything else but is annoying to get buggy result from the compiler itself. It is not easy task to create good assembler though.

regards
Mac2004
Post 24 Aug 2004, 12:09

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: