flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Speed Coding...

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
...no, not fast code -- fast coding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNAMQr5x-Hw&feature=related

Razz

Post 07 Nov 2010, 04:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
guignol

guignol
hwæt iz the pointe?
Post 07 Nov 2010, 07:57
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
It is interesting for me to see another's process.
Post 07 Nov 2010, 18:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tyler

Tyler
Wow. Seeing that, and comparing it to how slow I am('cuz I have to stare at references) pisses me off.
Post 07 Nov 2010, 21:47
Coty

Coty
That is cool, I wish I could code that fast, I almost wonder if he sped it up any...

@Tyler: Yes but lets say this guy has already coded something simaler once or twice, since he has already done it, he doesn't have to look at references as much Smile
Post 07 Nov 2010, 22:50
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
She is looking at references despite having experience with the topic, and it is sped up (10 times, irrc).
Post 07 Nov 2010, 23:06
sigflup

sigflup
bitRAKE wrote:
She is looking at references despite having experience with the topic, and it is sped up (10 times, irrc).

It's sped-up an average of 7x. The videos span about 4 hours and 45 minutes of programming time. I wrote an emulator for this system about 4 years ago and haven't touched the subject matter since. So I knew my way around it a little but I forgot all the details so I needed the reference material again.

So, it's not all that difficult to speed-code. Pick something you know about and you fellas should do it too! As long as you know your project well and the language well you can make impressive videos too!
Post 07 Nov 2010, 23:30
guignol

guignol
sigflup
So... you're a queer, huh?
By the way, advertising beheadings only proves the point that there is something sick about queerdom.

Those who don't yet know - beware, for yer kiddies are being perverted in a very sick and impudent way.
And I think, I found the source of ὑστέρα.
In fact, they had the video on Google right from start ('07?), which, as I presume, was removed because of this campaign [finally] taking effect.
Post 08 Nov 2010, 16:08
rugxulo

rugxulo
If this machine wasn't so RAM-starved, I'd watch the video to see what the heck you're talking about. But I'm just saying ... guignol, do your comments directly relate to that? Oh well, either way, I expect a moderator to snip your post (if you don't do it yourself).

EDIT: Seems to be in three parts, and at least part one was innocuous. So clearly you're referring to some other videos. I didn't see anything about Nazis or homosexuality on his YouTube site at all, but perhaps I missed something.

Last edited by rugxulo on 08 Nov 2010, 18:50; edited 2 times in total
Post 08 Nov 2010, 16:34
guignol

guignol
If you're refering to sigflup's youtube channel assemblyassembly, then what you've missed was another My reaction to "Russian" Neo Nazi Beheading Video viriing (in the most classical way) the implication to cover yourself in sh*t by saying: "DO NOT cover yourself in sh*t!!!"
Kids digg such motions.
Especially, when other kids imply that it would be cool to, as in this particular case, post Your Own Reaction.
(It is funny, btw, how reaction has become a complete synonym of response)
Post 08 Nov 2010, 18:20
rugxulo

rugxulo
If it's a joke, then I'm still waiting for the punchline. At least, it doesn't sound very funny. I just want everybody to get along here, that's all.
Post 08 Nov 2010, 18:40
asmhack

asmhack
coding an emulator is fun. especially understanding the inner workings of the machine.
wonder if anyone from this board has tried something with fasm. (a nes at least.)

and yep, ...no, not fast code -- fast coding... cuz asm is the language for emulation Smile
Post 08 Nov 2010, 20:09
windwakr

windwakr
asmhack wrote:
...wonder if anyone from this board has tried something with fasm. (a nes at least.)...

I tried writing a NES emulator earlier this year. I got a working CPU finished, but got bored with the project. I think I may pick it up again sometime.

But I don't know, the CPU was so frustrating to get working right and have proper instruction timing(Sooo many hours debugging...). The PPU would probably be worse.

And the APU? I know NOTHING about sound output....

Last edited by windwakr on 08 Nov 2010, 20:30; edited 1 time in total
Post 08 Nov 2010, 20:20
rugxulo

rugxulo
I don't know of anyone in particular using FASM for emulation (wait, wasn't there a C64 emulator or something in FASM? I know Tomasz would know, he posted a link once). IIRC, LoopyNES (DOS) was written in assembly, but probably some other tool, not FASM.

P.S. The video here shows someone using Marat's 6502 emulator plus SDL plus whatever else. So it's not 100% from scratch "raw access" or anything.

EDIT: Seems the (North American) 25-year anniversary of the NES was Oct. 18 (1985). Anybody (not me) have R.O.B. or the dumb Power Glove? Laughing Oh, and my dumb brother did buy a cheap ("Retro 8-Bit" ?) clone recently but only played with it once then said, "Yeah, I'm tired of it." (Dumbass.) Laughing
Post 08 Nov 2010, 20:22
bitRAKE

bitRAKE
windwakr did a Chip-8 emulator.
Post 09 Nov 2010, 02:53

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: